There are two planning authorities for the area, Chichester District Council to the south and South Downs National Park to the north. The South Downs National Park area includes Midhurst and Petworth.

If you’re unsure which area the development is likely to fall into, please contact us and we can advise.

When taking on new premises it is important to check you have the right use. The estate agent can normally confirm this, however, if you are in any doubt, then we will be able to help, just get in contact with us.
You may need to apply for planning permission if the use class needs changing

We can support you through the planning process

Not all work will require planning permission.

Check on the interactive guide on the Planning Portal to see what does and doesn’t need planning permission.